Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Summer

Over the summer I decided to make artwork. After some study I decided on an ideal work day for myself. The day looked like this.

8am. Wake up and Read my Bible
9am. Pray and Journal
9:30am. Listen to the news, check different blogs
10:30am. Read and study

12:00 Have coffee and lunch with my wife

12-6pm. Work on art and listen to books.

The way I broke down the work to ensure the most productivity was the 48/12 method. Which is as it suggests 48 minutes of working and a 12 minute break.

This schedule allowed me basically to produce one piece. This was my first piece I have finished since I was an art student. It took time to get it off the ground, and having grace for myself during this time was difficult, but I am happy with having finished a piece. The rest should be easier from here.


1 comment: